Sunday, July 02, 2006

SPACE PETS......

Now if you are a young person in the youth group and was there Friday night then you know what my title means. This blog is for the people who might look at it, and don't know what it means....
S---Sin to Confess
P---Promise to Claim
A---Attitude to change
C---Command to obey
E---Example to follow

P---Prayers to pray
E---Error to avoid
T---Truth to be believed
S---Something to thank God for

Ok.. I know that some people might be wondering what am I talking about. Well,our pastor was talking to us at our youth service this past Friday night and the subject of his teaching was, "How Do I Study My Bible." The space pets is basically an outline guide to doing a bible study..... We were actually learning how to do Bible studies in my Sunday school class but I guess that I never realized how helpful that this acronym really is. He went into detail(as much as time would allow) and basically is helping us understand that the Bible is actually a book of answers. I have for so long used the excuse that the Bible is hard to read, well I can't use that one anymore. The Bible is my guide to LIFE and I finally realized that as long as I have that then I will always have somewhere to turn to find answers. Even though some might be harder to find than others.

Now I am going to ask a question and I would love to hear all of your responses, and don't be afraid to answer them honestly. Hopefully you will so I can have an idea of how you guys feel..... In your own opinion what is the hardest part of witnessing to people, and what do you think you can do to change that? Better yet, what as a a group can we do to change that? I want you guys to give me detailed answers. I know that we need to pray and fast about it, but rack your brain and give me some good feedback....

2 comments:

Philip Harrelson said...

Stacy,

Keep it up!!!! God has a great plan for your life.

Remember that time is on your side.

Later,
PH

Unknown said...

Hey, Stacey
I enjoyed reading the post. For me its not hard to ask people. It's knowing the knowledge about our beliefs and im trying to learn as much as i can.All we can do is seek wisdom and try to reach them with all your heart. www.pentecostalofdothan.blogspot.com is mine.
GOD BLESS,
Daniel