Monday, July 10, 2006

Called?

I just started reading a book by Bret Coolry called, Called, Sent, or Just Went. It is a book talking abou the calling of God in your life. I know that this is one of the things that I am constantly praying about. I know that I have a calling to do something for Gods kingdom, but just haven't figured it out yet. In this book the word "called" is defined as" to demand or request the presence or service of; to bring to summons." I started mulling over that thought and realized that we are all called. I am so impatient and I want everything to just hurry and fall into place when I want it to, but that isn't how God operates. The defintion said that called was to demand or request,and yes we can request it or even demand it but if isnt; the will of God then it isn't going to be revealed to us just yet. A calling is a 1-2-3 step process. God leads us one step at a time, and one foot in front of the other. In this book it makes the statment, "A calling is more than just a desire or burden to do something for god, it is an inner conviction, impression, or perhaps even an audible voice from God." So the question that I periodically ask myself when I am in prayer is, "Stacy, are you willing to wait and be patient to know Gods will or be impatient and fulfull the desires of the flesh." Meaning am I willing to wait upon the Lord or take my life in my hands. The answer is just WAIT. I get so upset and discouraged sometimes because I feel as I am stuck in the same spot, but I know when I leave this rugged ole' spot then I be somewhere great that God wants me to be. When in the end I know that what God has for me will far exceed my expectations...

4 comments:

quartus said...

Excellent advice. You type differently than you talk. Check out my blog at q-23blog.blogspot.com...

JdH

Nathan said...

Hey Stacy wuzzup yo my blog is www.radpodyouth.blogspot.com see you later

Philip Harrelson said...

Impressive!!! It is remarkable for two things: 1. You are reading something good. 2. You are taking what you read and trying to help somebody else. Keep it up!

Later,
PH

Shadrach Stand said...

very nicely done. Justin is write, you do type different than the way you act. I know i do because most of the time i add a Blog it is because i feel annoited to do so. It's hard to live up to some of the things i blog. Anyway keep up the good work!!!