Sunday, July 16, 2006

.......Questions & Answers.......

I am sorry guys that I haven't posted in a while. I just returned home from picking up Stephen from South Carolina..I have to throw in there that he look awesome and that I am SO very proud of his accomplishment.Anywho, I have to say that the service that we had tonight is a service that moved me in a way that I needed to be moved...I recently hit a brick wall..... I recently had the Marine recruiter ask me a few questions about the bible.. It seems as he knew what he was talking about.. So.. I left there and was at LaBamba eating lunch with Monica, Michael, and Robbie, and it was bugging at me because I wanted to know the answer. So who do I call.. No other than Pastor Harrelson himself(and I get blamed for him leaving his shoes... when the truth is he just wanted new ones) One question that he asked me who translated the Bible from the Hebrew translation to the King James Version. I knew that he had to do something with King James but I wasn't sure about the rest. Then he was asking me about when they translated it what happened to the words that could not be translated to English(because there are some words that couldn't be translated to English) So I was stumped, and Bro. Harrelson recommended a book, and me being me I thought I would crack open that book, sit down and read it, and be able to go back and tell him how it is. How wrong was I... I opened up that book and didnt understand half the words(Give me a break;I did go to Rehobeth) So now I am having to take that book and piece by piece I am having to break it down. Which means that I am having to STUDY.....
The whole point of that story was told to get to this point... I heard someone say recently that sometimes God uses the heathens to help us spiritually.... Well, us being young people, we sometimes think that we are a little too busy to study that word of God. We just have twenty other thing to do, that seems a little more important. I know that God sends those pestering heathens that think that know everything about the Bible to challenge us. I know when I have people ask me things that I don't know about he Bible I dig, search, and study until I know the answer.. That is Gods way of getting my attention....I know that I am tryuly blessed to be where I am at now... I have an undescribable youth group that has a love and a passion for God, and a great board of leaders that I look up to and strive to be like.....Last year at camp Bro Matt Maddix came and preached to us, and the word that he repeadly used was the word passion. Bro. Philp Harrelson always describes our church as intense, and with the same token I would ahve to say passionate... Our church has the PASSION to live for God. That is why I am truly blessed....

4 comments:

koolmandy08 said...

stacy,

That was very true!!!!!
I love you girl, keep it up!

#1 JESUS FAN said...

hey stacy its whitney i got a blog but i dont know how to put pictures on yet love ya gurlie

Anonymous said...

Yo,
This is Lauren.Keep up the good work.Me & dad will always catch you when you fall!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

hey its Philip